Monday, March 1, 2010


Funny thing today....when we entered the fabric store, the manager said that she wanted to take our picture. I thought, "Well that is kind of funny but why not because I happen to have my camera right here in my purse so I 'll just go with it." When I handed it to her she kind of had a funny look on her face. After she was done she handed me a card to her photography business that she does on the side. "Oh now I see what you meant when you said you wanted to take out picture", I said. Here I thought she was the weirdo when actually she thought that I was the weirdo (I wonder how often that happens in life).

The real funnyness happened when I saw the above picture. Apparently I dress the part of somebody who was on a fabric safari seeking out some "roar, roar" fabric..I swear I didn't plan that one. It all seemed to work because 2 ladies in the back of the store said that anybody who would bring 5 kids into the store must have a bit of a "roar, roar" personality. Perhaps I am a little guilty as charged.

Anyway, here are a few swatches. Sometimes I think I want to do orange accents and then I want red but then I want just grey, camel, rust, black & white or was that olive and mustard. See not easy with so many options.


I am liking the below rugs from Overstock.

UPDATE****Everybody can thank Iman for letting me know that the bottom left rug is a no go. She ordered it and said it looked country and the colors are not what they look like online.

And I am really enjoying this boy's bedroom courtesy of Elle Decor.

13 comments:

Laura said...

That is the cutest photo of you guys at the fabric store!
Love all your inspiration photos! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :-)

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I'll go on safari with you and the littles any day! I'll good with lil rascals!

nest of posies said...

look at you. i swear you look like you could be in a magazine! love the girls' faces. they are definitely feeling the vibe of some jungle animals.

Iman said...

On safari, Ha!
The bottom rug on the left, don't get it!! I bought it thinking it was super cute. It's super country!! The colors are totally not as they appear, the orange is khaki. It was awful! I cannot stress how many exclamation marks this comment needs!!!

Dayka Robinson said...

OMG, you look AMAZING and so cute with all of the kids!! it really looks like a staged magazine shot--love it. you must frame this . . .

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Yes, it does look like a staged magazine shoot - you sure can rock the mommy thing! I absolutely love that you are wearing that hat - love it. What an adventurous life you lead. It's inpirational that you don't stay at home thinking it would be too much work to get out of the house with that entourage.

Whitney said...

Ooo fabric swatches... for your new bamboo tables?

Unknown said...

can't get over how adorable your family is! no wonder she wanted to take your picture.

Amanda said...

they say a photo is worth a thousand words, but, in this case, it brings a thousand questions to my mind...

-how does one manage to shower and look so lovely with five youngins to manage? (i have one, yes, just one toddler and sometimes can't even manage a shower before leaving the house, much less enough time to dry my hair, or ever look THAT fabulous!!!)

-how long does one trip like that take getting in the car, everyone buckled up for safety, getting unbuckled, out of the car, into the stroller, into the store, without conflicting with hungry bellies or sleepy/cranky moods???

-why oh why do i have such a hard time with one toddler and this stunning beauty manages FIVE so gracefully? (if i didn't absolutely love you so much for being so fabulous, i'd hate you. for sure.) :)

-how do you not have women everywhere bowing at your feet when they see you walk in with five lovely children, looking so lovely yourself?

three words. you.amaze.me.

GiGi said...

Oh you guys are the cutest EVER!!
How you manage to look so chic next to a stroller is beyond me.

christy said...

Love rug #1 in row one! Love it!

Erica Cook said...

Ok, love this. First, you're stunning...and the kids are adorable.I too have 5, all boys, and am a single mom; we're a spectacle when we go out, sheerly by quantity. I tell them I'll take them cosmetic shopping- they don't laugh.
ps- love the fabric samples too xo

Unknown said...

Um, hello gorgeous! Your hot safari look really puts my daily workout pants and Nike cap ensemble to shame. Who wouldn't want to be your photographer?

P.S. Serious props to you for taking your kids to the fabric store. I've officially sworn off taking my kids shopping with me. Just. Doesn't. Work.